Thursday, February 25, 2010

Much ado and nothing adone

I have no problem with the fact that some people would like other people to pay their medical bills for them.
Just don't tell me that someone else has a moral obligation to do so.
I work out in the gym three days a week and I don't eat cheeseburgers and French fries. I never have had a cigarette in my mouth.
To tell me I have an obligation to pay the doctor bills for someone who smokes, drinks, stuffs himself with greasy food and never exercises is sheer lunacy.
No one has a right to free medical care. If you do, then you have a right to free food.
Neither is free anyway. As P.J. O'Rourke said, "If you think health care is expensive now, just wait until it's free."
Rational calculations indicate the Obama plan will cost $2.5 trillion and up over the next 10 years, with relatively little benefit.
With such facts on the table, the Republicans and Democrats are getting nowhere arguing about how to give everyone unlimited health care at no cost.
The best thing they could do is call a truce, drop the subject, and go find ways to help the private sector get the economy moving again.
That's what the people want. Remember them?

No comments: